An accomplished professional with more than 25 years of project, engineering, and financial management experience focused on the automotive and plastics industires. A demonstrated leader, teacher, and motivator of people. A proven contributor of creative design and innovation. A customer focused, clear communicator in both verbal and written formats. Experience ranges from concept to manufacture.
CHRYSLER GROUP LLC, Auburn Hills, MI 2011-present
Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Innovation Space Manager 2011 – present
Teaching innovation tools to Fiat and Chrysler employees, assisting employees in the development of new ideas and concepts, managing the idea submission database, and promoting innovation and cultural change at Chrysler.
System Cost & Innovation Engineer (SCIE) (Contract) 2011 – 2011
Conducting tooling cost analysis on wire harness products.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, Troy, MI 2010 – present
Associate Faculty 2010- present
Teaching business, quality, sustainability & project management.
START RUN WIN, Rochester, MI 2009 – present
Small Business Consulting & Support.
Strategic Management 2009 – present
Offering strategic planning assistance to small businesses. Support includes web site development, business planning, advertising, promotion, and strategic thinking.
ROBERT BOSCH LLC, Farmington Hills, MI 1999-2009
Global tier one automotive supplier of engine & vehicle components.
Project Manager, Diesel Systems 2007-2009
Managed Six Sigma projects supporting Cummins, Inc. cost saving activities. Supported business planning processes and product development tracking.
* $300,000 in annual savings and improved quality realized due to successful completion of three six sigma projects in one year which resulted in Bosch receiving the 2008 “Best performance in Six Sigma” award from Cummins for 2008.
* Saved hundreds of hours of capacity planning per year over the previous planning method by creating a self-updating Excel / Business Analyzer spreadsheet, which pulled data directly from SAP.
* Increased On Time Delivery ( OTD ) of program management milestones from 85% to 98% by implementing pre-emptive reporting of SAP data.
Engineering Manager, Development / Applications Gasoline Systems 2001-2007
Management and leadership responsibility for design & development of Integrated Air Fuel Modules ( IAFM ), Fuel Rail Assemblies, Composite Cylinder Head Covers, Electronic Throttle Bodies, Engine Wire Harnesses and additional components.
* Assembled, managed, and inspired a diverse team of seven engineers both mechanical and electrical.
* Managed quality and design process tools including: Design For Six Sigma ( DFSS ), Design Review Based on Failure Mode ( DRBFM ), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis ( DFMEA ), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ( GD&T ).
* Directed engineering teams to successfully launch numerous products and assemblies with on-time deliverables and record high quality ratings from several customers.
Senior Engineer, Gasoline Systems 1999-2000
* Design / Development responsibility for Integrated Air Fuel Modules ( IAFM ), which included Port Fuel and Direct Injection options.
* Successfully reduced the number of engine variants from 17 down to three, which enabled General Motors to realize millions of dollars in savings by leading development of the PFI Port Fuel Injection ) Integrated Air Fuel Modules ( IAFM ).
CMI INTERNATIONAL INC., Ferndale, MI 1995-1999
Tier one automotive supplier of air intake manifold & chassis components.
Product Manager, Polymer Engineering 1995-1999
Managed the Polymer Engineering staff of three, developed quotations to meet customer technical requirements, directed research and development of new products and technologies. Provided technical and sales support on a worldwide basis, including trips throughout the United States, Mexico, and Japan, and included interactions with Brazil and France. Technical Adviser to the Executive Vice President / CEO.
* Increased polymer intake manifold market share by 30% by assisting in the formation of joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions.
* Won Nissan air intake manifold business by demonstrating strong technical support prior to having a final commitment.
* Obtained a spot on Toyota’s bid list by proactively demonstrating performance improvements to an intake manifold design.
* Successfully demonstrated Resistance Implant Welding and Laser Welding capability through Research and Development activities.
* Successfully improved and demonstrated the design and manufacturability of a polymer torque converter.
Senior Project Engineer, Polymer Engineering 1995
Design / Development responsible for polymer air intake manifolds. Maintained customer timelines and lead project meetings.
PLASTIC ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL SERVICES INC., Rochester Hills, MI 1989-1995
Tier two suppliers of thermoplastic injection molding equipment and polymer mold filling / cooling FEA analysis.
CAE Supervisor 1993-1995
Supervised and trained FEA modelers, analysts, and engineers in the use of IDEAS, mold filling, and mold cooling software. Design / Development responsible for hot manifold injection molding systems. Provided customer support throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Program Manager 1993
Estimated costs and provided quotations for FEA analysis and hot manifold injection systems. Provided technical support at injection molding trials to ensure product improvements and to verify analysis results.
Project Engineer 1989-1993
Converted CAD models into FEA models using IDEAS. Performed mold filling and mold cooling analysis. Designed hot manifold injection systems. Presented proposals and FEA results to customers.
DBA, Strategy and Innovation, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, Expected graduation 2014
Certificate, Renewable Energy, Macomb Community College, Warren, MI, 2010
MBA, Strategic Management, Davenport University, Dearborn, MI, 2000
BA, Advertising, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 1981
* Six Sigma Belt Training, Cummins Inc. 2007
* Design for Six Sigma ( DFSS ) Training, Robert Bosch LLC. 2006
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis ( FMEA ), Ford Fairlane Training & Development Center. 1998
* Mechanical Engineering Design and Analysis, CMI Tech Center. 1998
* Basic Injection Molding, RJG Associates, Inc. 1998
* Fundamentals of GD&T, Ford Fairlane Training & Development Center. 1996
* Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE.org)
* Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association (GLREA.org)
* Renewable Energy Club of Macomb (renewmacomb.viviti.com)
* Participated on the MSU team that won the American Advertising Federation ( AAF ) National Student Advertising Competition ( NSAC ) 1981.
* Self taught WordPress software for web log management and used it to create an online version of this resume at www.Start-Run-Win.com.