FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES (FCA Group LLC), Auburn Hills, Michigan
Innovation Space Manager 2011 – Present
• Created, manage, and maintain the Innovation Space, which is a creative & stimulating problem-solving lab designed to assist in the solution to any problem facing our company with a focus on market discovery, human centered design, alternative business model solutions, and future vehicle & component development supporting internal customers in Italy, Mexico, Brazil & the United States.
• Developed an innovation based curriculum and taught it to over 3,000 employees in the United States and Italy. Current innovation training & facilitation offered includes:
o Collaborative problem solving (basic & advanced methods)
Training includes problem definition, ideation, solution prioritization & selection, concept hybridization, and implementation),
o Strategy development
o Process improvement
o Prototype mock-up concept creation & physical ideation
o Bio-Inspired Design
o DFSS Idea Development
• Many features are developed annually that can be traced back to the facilitation led by my team. Just one of those features in 2016 is projected to generate over $5 million in profits.
• Developed the company idea submission/collaboration process and continue to monitor the successes and failures it generates. My team is currently developing a new crowd sourced process to collect customer voices, problem scenarios, and solution concepts.
• Editor and publisher of the global innovation newsletter which is distributed to 80,000 employees worldwide.
• Responsible for the benchmarking of creative spaces & innovation methods for the NAFTA region.
• Assist teams with the development of their innovation project prototypes guiding them through the fail fast process resulting in successful implementation.
• Help walk-ins define problems, opportunities, product development, idea development, and implementation recommendations. These walk-in opportunities occur daily. One walk-in identified over $10,000 in cost avoidance.
CHRYSLER GROUP LLC (Now part of FCA Group LLC), Auburn Hills, Michigan
(Contracted through Rapid Global Business Solutions, Inc.)
SCIE – EE Core – Cost Engineering & Innovation 2011 – 2011
• Cost estimated tooling and vehicle wiring.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, Troy, Michigan
Associate Faculty, Management (Part Time) 2010 – 2013
• Developed course material and taught classes for the School of Business: Sustainability, Project Management, Total Quality Management
ROBERT BOSCH LLC, Farmington Hills, Michigan
Project Manager, Diesel Systems 2007 – 2009
• Six Sigma Belt assigned to customer problem analysis.
• Completed three six sigma projects for Cummins Incorporated Engine Systems that resulted in $300,000 in annual savings and improved quality which resulted in Bosch receiving the 2008 “Best performance in Six Sigma” award from Cummins.
• Saved hundreds of hours of capacity planning per year over the previous planning method by creating a self-updating Excel / Business Analyzer spreadsheet, which pulled data directly from SAP.
• Increased On Time Delivery (OTD) of program management milestones from 85% to 98% by implementing pre-emptive reporting of SAP data.
Engineering Manager, Development/Applications Gasoline Systems 2001 – 2007
• Management and leadership responsibility for design & development of Integrated Air Fuel Modules (IAFM), Fuel Rail Assemblies, Composite Cylinder Head Covers, Electronic Throttle Bodies, Engine Wire Harnesses and additional components. Customers included Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, and Polaris.
• Assembled, managed, and inspired a diverse team of seven engineers both mechanical and electrical.
• Managed quality and design process tools including: Design For Six Sigma (DFSS), Design Review Based on Failure Mode (DRBFM), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Directed engineering teams to successfully launch numerous products and assemblies with on-time deliverables and high quality ratings from several customers.
• Managed engineering budget of $2 Million. Through my successful frugalness I was able to fund a $500,000 rapid prototyping machine which has benefited the entire organization.
• Supported global sales activities.
Senior Engineer, Gasoline Systems 1999 – 2000
• Design / Development responsibility for Integrated Air Fuel Modules (IAFM), which included Port Fuel and Direct Injection options.
CMI INTERNATIONAL INC., Ferndale, Michigan
Product Manager, Polymer Engineering 1995 – 1999
Senior Project Engineer, Polymer Engineering 1995 – 1995
PLASTIC ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL SERVICES INC., Rochester Hills, Michigan
CAE Manager 1993 – 1995
Program Manager 1993 – 1993
Project Engineer 1989 – 1993
Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA), Strategy & Innovation, Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2014
• Graduated with distinction; GPA: 4.0
• Dissertation: Determining the Efficiency of Ideation Tools.
Certificate, Renewable Energy, Macomb Community College, Warren, Michigan, 2010
Masters of Business Administration, Strategic Management, Davenport University, Dearborn, Michigan, 2000
• Dissertation: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Mergers and Acquisitions.
Bachelors of Arts (BA), Advertising, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 1981
• Active member of the MSU team that won the American Advertising Federation (AAF) National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) in 1981 for the Coors Brewery Company client.
• Class project team leader in 1981 for the Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board client.
Certificate: Six Sigma Belt Training, Cummins Inc., Columbus, Indiana, 2007
Certificate: Design for Six Sigma, Robert Bosch LLC, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 2007
Certificate: Mechanical Engineering Design and Analysis, CMI Tech Center, Ferndale, Michigan, 1998
Certificate: Basic Injection Molding, RJG Associates Inc., Traverse City, Michigan, 1998
Business travel has taken me to England, Germany, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and throughout the United States.
Photography, gardening, cooking, baking, soccer, model rocketry, genealogy, chess, 3D printing, teaching, writing, research, and travel.